Join us for a week long summer residency exploring:
Art as Instrument
What is the purpose of your art? Do your compositions whisper in your viewer’s ear, or shout in their face? Does your art make a statement, or take a stand? Come spend a week with ArtSource and guest presenters to explore ways to infuse your artworks with meaning, use them to send a message, or just bring a little humor and joy into the world. You have your instrument, now let’s fine-tune it!
Keynote Presenter: MELANIE YAZZIE
As a printmaker, painter, and sculptor, Melanie Yazzie’s work draws upon her rich Diné (Navajo) cultural heritage. Her work follows the Diné dictum “walk in beauty” literally, creating beauty and harmony. As an artist, she works to serve as an agent of change by encouraging others to learn about social, cultural, and political phenomena shaping the contemporary lives of Native peoples in the United States and beyond. Her work incorporates both personal experiences as well as the events and symbols from Dine culture. Her work is informed and shaped by personal experiences.
JUNE 13-18th, 2021
UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN COLORADO CAMPUS
The Residency is designed to give you time to connect to your art, explore in ways that are meaningful to you, be energized by dynamic presenters and deepen your sense of community in art education.
What is included in this amazing this residency experience?
- Engaging presenters that share cutting edge thinking in art education.
- Ample art studio time to work on your own ideas.
- Opportunity to collaborate and make new connections with other art teachers.
- A college campus environment with time to explore the outdoors.
- All-inclusive cost for presenters, lodging and meals.
- Scholarships available for CAEA members.